| ||A new international tourism campaign targeting emerging markets will kick-off in August for the fiscal year (FY) 2015/2016, the Tourism Ministry announced Monday.
Earlier this month, the ministry announced that an international tender for companies specialised in the field of promotional campaigns tourism will be launched. On 1 April, a session for companies’ inquiries will be held at the Egyptian General Authority for Tourism Promotion.
Deadline for tender submissions will be 31 May, where technical envelopes will be opened as well.
The campaign will include integrated public relations strategies, the ministry announced.
Throughout 2014, and during the first few months of 2015, several tourism marketing campaigns were launched to attract Arab tourists.
These campaigns included “Wahshtona” (“We have missed you”), which was launched in April 2014 and targeted tourists from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Kuwait. Former Minister of Tourism Hisham Zaazou said the campaign resulted in a 149.4% increase in the number of visiting tourists from these countries, between July and December 2014.
Another campaign, “Masr Orayeba” (“Egypt is close”), included a five minute song encouraging Arab tourists to visit Egypt, and featured many Egyptian actors and actresses. The campaign was launched earlier this year.
A ministry official previously told Daily News Egypt that the Ministry of Tourism aims to increase average occupancy rates during 2015 to 65% from 35% in 2014.
The official said that Hurghada and Sharm El-Sheikh showed the highest occupancies over 2014, compared to other regions of the country. The official added that average occupancies in tourist cities in the Red Sea and Sharm El-Sheikh exceeded 45%, while they were less than 30% in Cairo.|